These are very versatile as you can have a play and try adding flavours of your choice to the nut and date base.
- 1 cup nuts (almonds, brazils and walnuts)
- 4-5 fresh dates
- 1 c blueberries frozen
- 1 T cacao (or cocoa)
- 2 scoops Chocolate protein powder (you can find Nothing Naughty Protein Powder in the gym or in our online shop)
- ½ – 1 c oats (optional)
- Water if needed
- Shredded Coconut (optional)
Whizz the nuts first until they resemble small pieces about 30 sec
Combine remaining ingredients until it forms dough like mixture in a food processor.
Roll and squeeze together 1 T of mixture into balls. Roll in coconut to coat if desired.
Store in the freezer or fridge for a couple of weeks
- Don’t have fresh dates? Use 1 cup of dried pitted dates, soaked in warm-hot water for 10-15 mins then drain
- If mixture is too dry add more dates or 1-2 Tablespoons of water to form a more dough like mixture so it squeezes together better to form balls
- Be careful not to over whizz the mixture else it will go sloppy